The eagle eyed among you may have noticed I’ve added a big countdown banner to the right of the page announcing a course “Build your Data Warehouse in SQL Server & SSIS with the BI Monkey“, running for 2 days from July 28.
The course is aimed at giving an overview of how to build and manage a Data Warehouse using the SQL Server platform as a base. It’s aimed to be a solid mix of Data Warehouse theory and hands on development to get the concepts locked in. For full details see my new “Training” page, but the key outcomes are:
- Learn how to get the Architecture right and keep your solution flexible
- Understand the whole lifecycle of a DW project
- Get hands on with the tools you need to move data
The high level agenda is:
- The Three Main Data Warehouse architectures – Kimball, Inmon & Data Vault
- SSIS Basics – Projects, Control Flows and Data Flows
- Moving Data with SSIS
- ETL Control Frameworks
- Database considerations
- How HDInsight (Hadoop) fits in
- Code Management with Team Foundation Server
- Build Automation
- MDS, DQS and other useful Microsoft Toys
Click the button to register now – look forward to seeing you!