Step 8: Tweak Windows Server 2008R2
In the final (optional) part we’ll apply some performance tweaks from BlackViper, just to lighten the VM and make it run a bit more smoothly.
TAKE A BACKUP NOW! You can break your VM doing this so snapshot, backup – whatever you prefer – but do it. Now.
Disable the following services:
- Diagnostic Policy Service
- Diagnostic Policy Host
- Diagnostic System Host
- IP Helper
- Print Spooler
- Problem Reports and Solutions Control Panel Support
- Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Locator
- Remote Registry
- Smart Card
- Smart Card Removal Policy
- Windows Font Cache Service
- Windows Remote Management (WS-Management)
Then Restart your machine. You are now done and can start adding content to your Demo machine and exploring SQL2012 features!