One for those Sydney resident BI Monkeys – Kasim Wirama, SQL MVP is presenting to the Sydney Chapter of the Australian SQL Server User Group on new features in SSIS for SQL 2008.
Please register at the AUSSUG website if you plan to attend – sessions are free. I expect to be there, finally able to attend for the first time in months, having missed some very interesting sounding sessions. The presentations are always useful and a great chance to meet with some of the SQL Server Gurus in Sydney.
Full details below:
Venue: Mechanics’ School of Arts, Level 1, 280 Pitt St, Sydney
5:30PM Networking (Pizza & Drinks provided)
6:00PM – 8:00PM Session
On: Tuesday, 10 November 2009
SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) is prime ETL engine of SQL Server 2005/2008.
At this session, I would like to show new feature and improvement in SSIS 2008 and
presents practical SSIS solutions, i.e.:
* Referenced resultset
* Branching in control flow and data flow
* Centralized SSIS package configuration and logging
* Multi column output with Oledbcommand component
* Streaming (high performance) sequence number
* Dynamic source file connection with much less code than former DTS does
* Lookup improvement in SSIS 2008